Skull and Crossbones flag

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Skull and Crossbones flag

Unread post by Denny »

Saw the Munson downbound yesterday on the St. Clair River and they were then flying the Jolly Roger flag. Unfortunately for me though, I got too caught up in the moment and didn’t get my stern end photos of her. To think, I waited three years since I last saw them in 2019 on the river and that year I only saw them once. Hopefully I’ll see them more than once this year on the river!
hugh3

Unread post by hugh3 »

Sorry about the date, 1963 was the year Capt. Kidd was told to lower the "Jolly Rogers"...

Unread post by guest »

the queen of england viewed the opening of the seaway in 1959,along with the president of usa, not 1963.
hugh3

Unread post by hugh3 »

1963 Was the year the Queen of England viewed the opening of the St. Larence seaway...and Captain Kidd just had his own way of welcoming her......
badger

Unread post by badger »

apparently some people cant take a joke. is life really that serious?
hugh3

Skull and Crossbones flag

Unread post by hugh3 »

What's with the Skull and crossbones on the John G. Munson? Capt. Spenser Kidd tried to go thru the Soo flying one and was told to take it down...That was on the Wm. A. Irvin back in 1963....