Lake Huron scenes (2016/02/20)

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Bookworm

Lake Huron scenes (2016/02/20)

Unread post by Bookworm »

A dazzling sunny day with an afternoon high of 60° called me north and I followed the lake from Port Huron to Burtchville, stopping at Ft. Gratiot Lighthouse Park, Lakeside Park, Ft. Gratiot County Park, and Burtchville Park (north of Lakeport State Park) to capture the beauty.
Attachments
Although this ice field above the Bluewater Bridges was maybe a city block square, it was thick enough to give Josh II some trouble getting back to Sarnia.
Although this ice field above the Bluewater Bridges was maybe a city block square, it was thick enough to give Josh II some trouble getting back to Sarnia.
This pair of swans landed just off shore from where I was standing.
This pair of swans landed just off shore from where I was standing.
Looking north, there is little ice in the lake.
Looking north, there is little ice in the lake.
These colorful picnic tables are waiting for the return of warmer weather.
These colorful picnic tables are waiting for the return of warmer weather.
This statue is at Ft. Gratiot County Park.  Historical information is available on the web.
This statue is at Ft. Gratiot County Park. Historical information is available on the web.
Lake Huron portrait.
Lake Huron portrait.
Curving rows of shore ice.
Curving rows of shore ice.
Although the Bluewater Bridges (8 miles south) are visible in the distance, I couldn't get an uncluttered shot, so captured this "ice pier".
Although the Bluewater Bridges (8 miles south) are visible in the distance, I couldn't get an uncluttered shot, so captured this "ice pier".