Badgely Island Light House

Open to discussion on all lighthouses from the Great Lakes and beyond.
u p fernwood

Re: Badgely Island Light House

Unread post by u p fernwood »

On the northwest side of the island are mooring facilities, a conveyor and ship loader visible in the Google Map satellite image.

Unread post by Guest »

How do they load ships here? I was looking on Google Earth and didn't see any conveyors.
Phil

Unread post by Phil »

There is very little traffic which come to Badgely, maybe a couple of vessels a year. I believe the Algosoo is the first this year.
MikeCDN

Unread post by MikeCDN »

Thank you Phil.

Where can I get this kind of information about ships calling Badgely Island?

Thanks in advance,

M.
Phil

Unread post by Phil »

Algosoo departed Windsor late Wednesday night proceeding to Badgeley Island, Ontario, approximate ETA Friday morning at 1:00 a.m..
MikeCDN

Unread post by MikeCDN »

Thanks for the reply. Is this lighthouse worth visiting? We were planning to kayak out there from Killarney and camping overnight.

I also want to know what ships call the island as I'd love to get some pictures.

Thank you in advance,

M.

Unread post by Guest »

the quarry is on the other side of the island from the ranges. They used to quarry silica and ship to Indusmin in Midland
MikeCDN

Badgely Island Light House

Unread post by MikeCDN »

Does anybody have a link to pictures of this place? I also heard there's a mine / quarry on it and that lakers call the island for the deposits. What ships call this island? What facilities are on it?

Thank you in advance,

M