Carr's Hobby

Discussion forum for Model Builders. Static models to R/C.

Re: Carr's Hobby

Unread post by Guest »

Mr Link wrote:Sad to say I read that Mr. Carr passed away a few days ago. Unfortunately, he had no time to enjoy his retirement.
That is sad to hear. I see in his online obituary he died on May 9, 2020. I always enjoyed going to his hobby shop.
JohnH

Unread post by JohnH »

Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

Sad to say I read that Mr. Carr passed away a few days ago. Unfortunately, he had no time to enjoy his retirement.

Carr's Hobby

Unread post by Guest »

I came across Carr's Hobby in Duluth closing sometime late last year. I always visited the hobby store whenever I vacationed in Duluth. I remember buying one of their 600-foot Great Lakes bulk carrier kits back in the mid-1980s from the Great Lakes Historical Society Museum in Vermillion, Ohio. From someone who grew up during the 1970s, there is just something about the old hobby shop that online or Hobby Lobby just can't replace. I wish Jack Carr the best with his future! Along with the dwindling number of ships on the lakes and rising prices in the Canal Park area and now this, I'm finding it harder to justify my annual trip to the Twin Ports.