SCL Bern

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
tugboathunter

Re: SCL Bern

Unread post by tugboathunter »

That was actually a separate Lakes visit when I saw her. She left and returned, loading the grain in Hamilton this time.
cpfan

Unread post by cpfan »

middlerouge:

You're not mistaken. SCL Bern loaded in Sarnia and then arrived Montreal April 20.

She returned, arriving in Hamilton on May 26 where she unloaded. Then departed Hamilton on June 3rd.

Above dates thanks to Boat Nerd Saltie Page.

Steve

Unread post by Guest »

middlerouge wrote:I may be mistaken, but tugboathunter reported on his website back in early April that the SCL Bern passed Detroit upbound & light, then loaded at sarnia. I then observed her on AIS not long after that in Hamilton.

So that means she likely has the windmill parts and corn onboard. And since she has been there a while, could it have been placed under arrest some time ago?
She was loaded (and underway) when we met her earlier this week in the seaway... so this is a relatively recent development.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

The SCL Bern has made "two" transits into the Seaway this year so far. Her first transit was I think in April and the other one was in late May sometime I believe it was? On her first transit as it was said in an earlier thread, she did something at Hamilton and then sailed to Sarnia to load at the Elevator. Her latest trip that she is on now, again she did something at Hamilton and that is all I know at this time. Hope that this helps out somewhat.
middlerouge

Unread post by middlerouge »

I may be mistaken, but tugboathunter reported on his website back in early April that the SCL Bern passed Detroit upbound & light, then loaded at sarnia. I then observed her on AIS not long after that in Hamilton.

So that means she likely has the windmill parts and corn onboard. And since she has been there a while, could it have been placed under arrest some time ago?
Canadoc

Unread post by Canadoc »

The vessel is under arrest and is awaiting settlement of outstandings...
cpfan

SCL Bern

Unread post by cpfan »

This downbound ship has been sitting in St. Zotique Anchorage since 2014-06-04 19:43 according to Seaway map page.

Anybody know why? I thought she went to anchor with the other ships as a result of the BBC Chile grounding. But all the rest have moved on (including BBC Chile).

She loaded windmill blades and corn in Hamilton, so she's not waiting for a cargo.

Seems a bit long to be waiting for a pilot, but it's a possibility.

Thanks in advance for any info, Steve