Uss Great Lakes fleet

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Uss Great Lakes fleet

Unread post by Denny »

Perhaps maybe a late April Fool’s Day joke as well LOL on us as well.

Unread post by Guest »

2115/02 Gott is upbound at Stag Island. Speed is 102 in a 12mph zone.
Wow!!
Pat

Unread post by Pat »

New speed record
Attachments
IMG_0111.jpg
Shipwatcher1

Unread post by Shipwatcher1 »

Guest wrote:
guest235789 wrote:The old Great Lakes Fleet (Technically Key Lakes managed) did indeed lose some tonnage to ASC to USS Mills.
With ASC losing the carrying capacity of the St. Clair, could this have factored into the upcoming reactivation of the Anderson? It seems like this was something that developed rather recently.
Different fleets, nothing to do with each other

Unread post by Guest »

Great Lakes Fleet vessels still at the dock. Food for thought. Did the operating contract between CN and Keystone Shipping expire keeping the Fleet at the dock. Did the deck crews report this morning?

Unread post by Guest »

guest235789 wrote:The old Great Lakes Fleet (Technically Key Lakes managed) did indeed lose some tonnage to ASC to USS Mills.
With ASC losing the carrying capacity of the St. Clair, could this have factored into the upcoming reactivation of the Anderson? It seems like this was something that developed rather recently.

Unread post by Guest »

The Blough now has it's AIS turned on
guest235789

Unread post by guest235789 »

The old Great Lakes Fleet (Technically Key Lakes managed) did indeed lose some tonnage to ASC to USS Mills.

Unread post by Guest »

Did GLF lose the main contract to deliver USS pellets?

Unread post by Guest »

Is it April 1 yet? No! This question has been posted multiple times in the last couple of weeks and the answer still is the Great Lakes fleet vessels are not leaving till APRIL 1st or later.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I thought that I have read and heard if I’m correct that the Presque Isle was getting some shaft seal work done on her or something like that at least and that she would be sailing very soon. At least in Toledo anyway the GLF ships the Speer, Gott, Clarke and Great Republic all have their AIS transmitter signals on so I would assume then that they will all be out soon. The Munson and Callaway I believe both have their AIS as well turned on. Haven’t seen the Blough’s AIS on yet but I’m sure she will be out sailing very soon though. Also in other threads here, the Anderson will supposedly be heading into dry dock soon at Fraser in Superior and will be returning to service which is definitely great news for us!
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Bob wrote:Any updates on any of the uss Great Lakes fleet ships getting ready to sail? They were saying the fleet was waiting till April 1st to set sail which is Monday. Haven't heard anymore talk about there ships leaving layup. Any info is appreciated. Tia
It's no longer USS. It's just Great Lakes Fleet.
Bob

Uss Great Lakes fleet

Unread post by Bob »

Any updates on any of the uss Great Lakes fleet ships getting ready to sail? They were saying the fleet was waiting till April 1st to set sail which is Monday. Haven't heard anymore talk about there ships leaving layup. Any info is appreciated. Tia