Roger’s Decades Book

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
mopar tim

Re: Roger’s Decades Book

Post by mopar tim »

Got mine today,Birthday gift. Hats off to Roger and crew great book.
Howard Sprague

Post by Howard Sprague »

I did not have time to look through the book until after preaching yesterday and I must say WOW! Kudos to Mr. Know Your Ships and his team on a job well done! I will be going to the event at the Maritime Center in November to pick up a second copy. Kudos to you Roger on a fantastic product!

Post by Guest »

Just got mine yesterday. Job well done by one and all!

Post by Guest »

Got my copy Thursday, brought back a lot of memories, from the Canadian side, in addition to seeing many American ships I watched passing by! Really enjoying the book, thank you
BigRiver

Post by BigRiver »

Watch for details but I will be at the Maritime Center Nov. 23 from 10-2 selling and signing copies of DECADES
Denny

Post by Denny »

I don’t know if Roger has this idea in his plans or not but usually I know he’s been at the Maritime Center in November signing and selling copies of the Know Your Ships Book. My point is, maybe with the Decades book out now he may consider possibly selling and signing both of the books if he is doing a signing and selling event in November up in Port Huron at the Maritime Center. At least it was an idea and thought on my part.

Post by Guest »

You can see the KYS ad on the home page and order it directly.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Can you get this decades book at Barnes and noble or was it a pre order book only?tia
Ohio Bob

Post by Ohio Bob »

Another sleepless night reading the latest offering from KYS from cover to cover. Thanks a lot Roger! ;-) Just kidding - great job my friend. The job of selecting the photos must have been a daunting one but it sure looks like a great mix of showing the passion of the Boatnerds combined with the workhorse purpose of these incredible vessels!
voxphoto

Post by voxphoto »

If you dragged your feet on ordering one, I have to say it came out beautifully. Best photo in the book, IMO, is Roger's own, of the Alpena at Soo Locks in 2004.
Guest12

Post by Guest12 »

I very much enjoyed my book as well
BigRiver

Post by BigRiver »

Roger, instead of doing another one at 70 years I’d go for 75 years next

Thanks Denny for your kind words. I will be 80 years old when the book turns 75. If I am even still around then(hope so) not sure I would be up for such a project again. Books are HEAVY!
Denny

Roger’s Decades Book

Post by Denny »

Just got my copy of the Decades book on Thursday and Finally was able to look at it from end to end today. Needless to say it was worth the wait as a job well done Roger as I simply was blown away by all of the outstanding and excellent photos and I couldn’t put the book down or stop looking through it. An amazing and beautifully done book by you and am glad you decided to take the time and do this amazing along with incredible job and project. It was definitely long and overdue and coming and I know that somewhere in KYS Book Heaven right now that Tom Manse is looking over your shoulders and saying a job well done and I could not have done it better myself! Roger, instead of doing another one at 70 years I’d go for 75 years next as that will truly be an amazing one in itself with both the Seaway and KYS turning 75 years old in just over 15 years from now. Just think then of all the images and changes then to the shipping industry in 75 years? Something to think about here. Again great job and hats off to you along with a 3 Long 2 Short salute! Thanks for all you do for us and the KYS Books as well.