Where is the Maumee and Victory?

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Where is the Maumee and Victory?

Unread post by Denny »

The steel plant where they are at from what I have read and heard here on this post is no longer known and called Essar Steel as the name was changed in late November 2018 to Algoma Steel as there is an article that Roger posted here on this thread regarding the name change back in November 2018. Hope that this helps.

Unread post by Guest »

Currently they're in the Soo at the Esser Steel Plant still unloading the remaining coal in their cargo holds. The freezing temperatures probably didn't help during the unload, as photo descriptions claim on Facebook the remaining crew on board using whatever tools available, including fire axes, to chip away at the coal stuck on the razorbacks. Sounds like they have their work cut out for them.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Yes indeed they are at the Steel Plant as it has been updated and also posted on the Lay List for this year. They arrived January 10, 2020 at the Steel Plant for lay up according to the Lay Up List here on boatnerd.
ww3

Unread post by ww3 »

victory/maumee are layed up at the steel plant in the soo.
tugboat

Unread post by tugboat »

I believe they are layed up in Ashtabula.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Roger as that will definitely help me out and it’s exactly what I was looking for as that article certainly helps to describe everything.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Ok thanks Howie. When did it go back to Algoma Steel as apparently I must have missed that one in the news. Anyone have any information on when Essar became Algoma Steel again? Thanks for any info here.
Howie

Unread post by Howie »

Essar Steel is no longer, it's Algoma Steel now.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Guest as I see now they are listed on the lay up list arriving at the Soo for lay up at Essar on January 10, 2020. I haven't had the time up until recently to check the lay up list as I've been just too busy with other things until just recently. Thanks again for that.

Unread post by guest »

AIS showed it still moving at the Soo (switching docks?) Jan 11th.

It may have moved since then. That is just the last known signal I could find.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks for that Bookworm. So, I assume then that they have laid up for the winter then at Essar Steel in the Soo on January 10?
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

As of January 10, Sault Are. Marie
Denny

Where is the Maumee and Victory?

Unread post by Denny »

Anyone have any information as to where the Maumee and the Victory are Surely this pair has to be in lay up somewhere by now but their AIS has been out of sync for the past two months at least and there is absolutely NO information on them whatsoever on any tracking websites rather it be through Marine Traffic or here on boatnerd itself and there’s been no reports either of her whereabouts on the news along with the Port Reports as well. I would very much appreciate a lay up location on them and especially a lay up date as well if anyone knows just when they arrived for lay up? Thanks in advance for any help and info here.