Unknown object

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
BeeZee

Re: Unknown object

Unread post by BeeZee »

The Image date is 5/8/2016.

Unread post by Guest »

If you follow the shipping routes and look at the frequented ports of call on google maps, it's kind of fun to play name that Laker. The Duluth/Superior shots are a few years old, at least. Can tell by the location of the Ryerson and the American Victory (I think) still appears to be moored. It must've been a downturn year because it appears on of the GLF footers is laid-up at the Enbridge pier (maybe the Gott)? Doesn't appear to be winter in the shot. Plus there's another footer at the port terminal docks but that might be for maintenance. You can find most of the Cort in the St Mary's (her bow gets cut off buy the picture.) And another unidentified Canadian Laker (I think?). Lots of stuff around the Welland as well. Pretty neat.
guest II

Unread post by guest II »

Possibly an anchored salty?
JohnH

Unread post by JohnH »

That object is a ship anchored there from several years back. The satellite map just hasn't been updated for some time.
Rob

Unread post by Rob »

Is that not a ship at anchor outside Duluth Harbor waiting for a slip?
Bigboat

Unknown object

Unread post by Bigboat »

I've tried posting this question several times but it never shows up. The red icon is the location of the Thomas Wilson. What is the white object below and to the right?
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-03-26 095454.jpg