IMS

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Mr Link

Re: IMS

Unread post by Mr Link »

I don't know the answer, but here is some information I was able to find:

The government of Ontario website for business entities lists both as currently active corporations. No details are provided publicly as to owners, agents or even addresses. IMS dates to 1989 (other sources say 1983) and MRC to 1994.

The internet Wayback Machine shows that the domain name InternationalMarineRecycling.com was last active in 2016. The attached screenshot from their 2016 website mentions that International Marine Salvage is the parent company for Marine Recycling Company (Note that it says company, not corporation. However I suspect that was merely a typo by the website developers).

Both companies used the same graphics on their logos, and both appear to be affiliated with the Raw Materials Company, a large municipal and household recycling company.

So I suspect that IMS is still the parent company of the other companies, and for whatever reason, they switched to the MRC name for marketing purposes. But when that happened, I couldn't pin down a date.
Attachments
IMS2.jpg
cpfan

Re: IMS

Unread post by cpfan »

RogerKYS wrote:I am trying to figure out when International Marine Salvage in Port Colborne became Marine Recycling Corp.
Are they even the same company? There are websites for both and they have different addresses.
BigRiver

IMS

Unread post by BigRiver »

I am trying to figure out when International Marine Salvage in Port Colborne became Marine Recycling Corp.