List of Seaway Opening and Closing Dates

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

List of Seaway Opening and Closing Dates

Unread post by Denny »

Hello everyone. I'm currently working on a project as far as a listing of the Opening and Closing Dates for the St. Lawrence Seaway Locks from 1959 until the present. I think I have some of the information as far as a few of the dates from previous years as I have found and gotten the information from a source from 1959 until at least until 2015 but beyond the year 2015 is where I'm stuck! If anyone has and can offer just when the Seaway opened and closed from 2016 until 2021 I would very much appreciate that information. Basically I am looking for the date of the first transit at St. Lambert Lock in Montreal which I would assume then is the opening date along with the last transit also at the St. Lambert Lock which I assume would be the closing date of the seaway? As far as I know, I think I may have a few of the opening dates from doing a search for them. Listed below are what I think were the opening dates of the Seaway from 2019 to 2021 with 2016 included in the list as well. Listed below are a few of the opening dates to which I've found.

March 23, 2016 need the closing date
2017 need both the opening and the closing dates
2018 need both the opening and the closing dates
2019 need both the opening and the closing dates
April 1, 2020 need the closing date
March 22, 2021 need the closing date

Again, if anyone has any information that they can provide it would be very appreciative and helpful for me in completing my list. Thanks.