Mark W. Barker

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
rh

Re: Mark W. Barker

Unread post by rh »

Denny,
Per your inquiry:

FCC granted Mark W. Barker license 4/21/2022
Call Sign: WDM9326
Official # 1591729
MMSI: 368251670
Chris M

Unread post by Chris M »

They're working on it, that's pretty much it
rh

Unread post by rh »

Any new info on the status of the Barker?

I see no FCC application filed for the radio license yet.
hausen

Unread post by hausen »

According to the Equasis database, Mark W. Barker's I.M.O. number is 9962445 .
rh

Unread post by rh »

Denny wrote:Ok thanks and when they are finally assigned, can you or someone please post that information here? Thanks.
I will try to check it periodically, especially if I see any info on here that it is likely to become operational soon.

In looking at FCC license and application data for Interlake and affiliated companies I discovered an interesting bit of trivia. The Badger, operated by an Interlake affiliate, still has the original radio call sign from radiotelegraph days: KBAG

Unread post by Guest »

IMO 9962445
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Ok thanks and when they are finally assigned, can you or someone please post that information here? Thanks.
rh

Unread post by rh »

Denny wrote:Don’t know yet? Anyone hear or know what their call sign or their IMO Numbers are and have they been assigned to them yet? Thanks.
I just checked the FCC Ship database and nothing assigned yet.
hausen

Unread post by hausen »

GLCapt wrote:Has Interlake assigned the captain yet?
Having experience with new-build projects, one would imagine that they certainly have by now.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Don’t know yet? Anyone hear or know what their call sign or their IMO Numbers are and have they been assigned to them yet? Thanks.
GLCapt

Unread post by GLCapt »

Has Interlake assigned the captain yet?
hausen

Unread post by hausen »

A large enough test cargo to weigh her down to that degree would have to have been delivered directly into her holds by another self-unloading lake freighter. If that kind of operation had been undertaken recently we would likely have seen significant coverage of it, but we did not.

A more likely explanation is that she has used her own ballast pump/tanks system to take on ballast water for the first time.

Mark W. Barker

Unread post by Guest »

In looking at the Bay Shipbuilding photos on today's (1-29-22) port reports, does the Mark W. Barker have any test cargo on board? It looks quite low in the water compared to the other ships.