Autos on Badger

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Chris M

Re: Autos on Badger

Unread post by Chris M »

Why not just contact the company? They could answer all of your questions
Hobieone

Unread post by Hobieone »

I'll be interested in the details of the answer. I took my '06 Jaguar accross last summer, and I swear it was driven on forward both directions. Turn them around in the bow on exit ? I don't know. What I DO know is that they all rolled off into the parking area, and it was left to the owners to just walk up and hop in and drive away. I stood for a while waiting to see if A) someone went for my Jag, and B) if something better came off maybe I'd just take that one. The wife didn't like my strategy.☺
Mine is also a pretty low ground clearance and I saw nothing either in WI or MI that would cause concern.
I will say that they must recruit the crew from track teams because they are HUSTLING back into the boat to get another car. I got winded just watching them ! ☺☺

Unread post by Guest »

Not sure about the clearance, but from the variety of autos I've seen on her, I wouldn't think it's a problem.

They drive the autos off in forward gear. They drive in on the starboard side, make a U-turn at the front end, and park facing the aft end on the port side, until it fills up.
Douglas Bob

Autos on Badger

Unread post by Douglas Bob »

I'm considering taking my Corvette across the Lake on the Badger and have several questions. (1) Would the boarding ramp present problem with the cars low bottom clearance? Particularly concerned with the air splitter beneath the front bumper. (2) The Badger is not a roll-on-roll-off vessel. How do the vehicles onload from the vessel? Do they back-off in reverse? Thanks in advance for your replies.