Tregurtha and Barker split coal loads

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Tregurtha and Barker split coal loads

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Mn Bob for that. The PRT finally made the dock in Monroe this morning around 9 AM or so after waiting on the Barker to finish their unload at Monroe. I’m still curious though as to why the PRT then sat at anchor off Monroe for nearly two days? Also, why the long delay too at St. Clair for them? The PRT got to the dock at the SCPP on May 26th and they left on May 28th for Monroe. So, they were at St. Clair for 2 days then far longer than normal for them! I know the American Century was also at St. Clair with a straight load at about that same time. I wonder if there were an issue with the unloading system at the SCPP then?

Unread post by Guest »

I was on Lake Erie today and watched the Tregretha come into Monroe. I was very surprised to see a tug meet her about 5 miles offshore then guide her in from there. I would have assumed she could have made it closer to the dock without an assist from a tug.
Mn bob

Unread post by Mn bob »

The Barker was ahead of the tregurtha for the unload at Detroit and Monroe. I too was wondering why the tregurtha was at anchor in Lake Erie as the barker was not showing up on ais. But that’s why they were waiting anyway Denny.
Denny

Tregurtha and Barker split coal loads

Unread post by Denny »

What is going on with the Paul R. Tregurtha? They’ve been at anchor off of Monroe since yesterday I think sometime and prior to that they were also at anchor in Detroit near Belle Isle also. There are no vessels in at Monroe that I’m aware of that would prevent the Tregurtha from getting into Monroe to complete their split load of coal! Also, I see the Barker departed St. Clair today for Monroe also with a split load. Will they end up anchoring I suppose somewhere to await the Tregurtha to finish up in Monroe? I would think so. Also, the Tregurtha arrived at St. Clair then on May 26 to unload and left on May 28 for Monroe. Why the long unload? That’s not normal for them to be there that long! One other question I have. They arrived I thought ahead of the American Century yet they the PRT anchored to await the arrival of the Century which had a straight load for St. Clair. Why then would the PRT go to anchor if they were ahead of the Century at St. Clair? Sorry if I’m mixed up and wrong here on all my information and questions. Just curious is all as to why on all of this!