Duluth Harbor Lookout

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Duluth Harbor Lookout

Unread post by Guest »

Not as detailed but this gives automated passages and ETAs
https://ais.boatnerd.com/passage/port/duluth-superior

Unread post by Guest »

Do you have an update for us on the progress of the software/code behind the harborlookout.com? Miss that site!
hausen

Unread post by hausen »

Denny wrote:Anyone know if and when the ships schedule on the harborlookout.com website will be updated? Yes I know that everything has just begun for the 2022 season. However, both the American Century and Burns Harbor departed their layup berths on the 24th fueled and then started to load ore at Superior and Duluth respectively. So far there’s been no updates on harbor lookout and no mentioning of expected vessels yet for any ports as well. I’ve enjoyed the harbor lookout website and ship schedule as it is very informative and provides excellent information in tracking the ships. I’m sure in time it will be updated soon with the ship schedule too.
The people who operate the schedule have stated that the software/code behind the website is being worked on, so they won't be able to update the website until that job is done. In the meantime, the people who also operate Harbor Lookout will be making day-to-day updates on the Boatwatchers' Hotline, an informative recording available by making a telephone call to +001 - 218 - 722 - 6489. An institution on western Lake Superior for decades, the Boatwatchers' Hotline is worth checking into regularly even while online schedules are operating normally; it's especially handy now!
Denny

Duluth Harbor Lookout

Unread post by Denny »

Anyone know if and when the ships schedule on the harborlookout.com website will be updated? Yes I know that everything has just begun for the 2022 season. However, both the American Century and Burns Harbor departed their layup berths on the 24th fueled and then started to load ore at Superior and Duluth respectively. So far there’s been no updates on harbor lookout and no mentioning of expected vessels yet for any ports as well. I’ve enjoyed the harbor lookout website and ship schedule as it is very informative and provides excellent information in tracking the ships. I’m sure in time it will be updated soon with the ship schedule too.