HARVEST SPIRIT

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
cpfan

Re: HARVEST SPIRIT

Unread post by cpfan »

I'm sure that she has multiple life rafts. In can see one in a picture on Marine Traffic. However, the large lifeboat that could sit on the rails at the rear of the ship has been removed, as it is not required. Several lakers have also had this lifeboat removed. CSL's Trillium and Algoma's Equinox ships were built overseas, and would have required these lifeboats for their delivery trips. I believe that Algoma has retained them, as a picture of Algoma Equinox on MT from 2022 shows it still there. OTOH, the lifeboat and rails have been removed from CSL Welland. You can see the empty spot on the stern where it might have been. I have pictures of CSL's Thunder Bay from 2013 showing the presence of the lifeboat. A picture on MT from 2018 shows that the rails & lifeboat were removed.
ashland69

Re: HARVEST SPIRIT

Unread post by ashland69 »

Lifeboat(s) probably replaced by two to four inflatable life rafts. Have personally quite a number of lakeboats with just inflatables and lacking traditional lifeboats.
hayhugh

HARVEST SPIRIT

Unread post by hayhugh »

HARVEST SPIRIT Canada registration Just saw downbound Soo with no Lifeboat - not required?