Thomas Salvner

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Thomas Salvner

Unread post by Guest »

I don't recall seeing any notice posted to this website, but I have recently learned that Thomas Salvner apparently passed away sometime last year (2022). He was a regular seller of photographs and slides at many of the various maritime flea markets held in the Detroit area from the 1980s through the 1990s (and possibly longer as I moved away from the area several years ago). Living in Ann Arbor, Michigan, he also sold his photographs and slides on ebay as I had purchased quite regularly from him. His photographs were usually from the late 1970s through the early 1990s with several taken on Saginaw Bay and the St. Marys River. I do not have an exact count, but I have to have several hundred of his photographs/slides in my collection. Although I never knew Tom personally he was a very likable individual in the many times I had seen him in person at flea markets and conversed with him via email. I will miss exchanging our yearly Christmas cards with ship photos.