Olive Moore/Menominee - Cheboygan

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Olive Moore/Menominee - Cheboygan

Unread post by Guest »

BrassTack wrote: June 6, 2023, 8:25 pm The Olive L Moore/Menominee has loaded in Cedarville before. That said, I notice that sometimes ships loading in this area are shown as being loaded at Port Dolomite. Perhaps Cedarville and Port Dolomite are two names for the same place? Port Dolomite ships stone comprised of calcium carbonate that is rich in magnesium carbonate.
Port Dolomite is the stone dock in Cedarville
BrassTack

Unread post by BrassTack »

The Olive L Moore/Menominee has loaded in Cedarville before. That said, I notice that sometimes ships loading in this area are shown as being loaded at Port Dolomite. Perhaps Cedarville and Port Dolomite are two names for the same place? Port Dolomite ships stone comprised of calcium carbonate that is rich in magnesium carbonate.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I think it was loaded in Cedarville?
Jon Paul

Olive Moore/Menominee - Cheboygan

Unread post by Jon Paul »

The Olive Moore /Menominee delivered a load of stone to the Durocher Dock on the Cheboygan River late last week. At 728' overall that has to be largest boat and or tug/barge to ever deliver in Cheboygan. Does anyone know where it was loaded? It's a fairly fine grind of stone.
I would love to have watched them back out into the South Passage and deeper water before turning at 14 FT Shoal Light. Its a narrow entrance channel and anything outside the 2 bouys and not on the Range Lights you are in less than 10 ft of water and rocks.
Attachments
20230603_172156-1858x1321.jpg