Iron ore sails to canada

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Jon Paul

Re: Iron ore sails to canada

Unread post by Jon Paul »

Darryl1 wrote: August 10, 2023, 8:31 am I wonder if some of this is being transferred and shipped overseas...
Everything being hauled to Quebec City Is transhipped overseas

Unread post by guest »

its unloaded in quebec city by bridge cranes. stock piled on the dock and reloaded on large deepsea ships for asia
Darryl1

Unread post by Darryl1 »

I wonder if some of this is being transferred and shipped overseas...
Jon Paul

Unread post by Jon Paul »

Mn bob wrote: August 8, 2023, 1:04 pm Does it seem that the u.s. is shipping more iron ore to canadien ports this year? I know in the past there has always been canadien ships loading in u.s. ports but it seems to be this year to be way more. The michipicoren has been on a steady run to the soo with ore from the twin ports and there is always a backlog of canadien ships loading out of superior and two harbors going to ,Quebec and nanticoke. At least it seems way more than I ever remember.
I would have to agree. Currently in Superior the CSL Assiniboine is loading at BNSF with the Algoma Niagara, Spruceglen and Oakglen all waiting for the dock.
Mn bob

Iron ore sails to canada

Unread post by Mn bob »

Does it seem that the u.s. is shipping more iron ore to canadien ports this year? I know in the past there has always been canadien ships loading in u.s. ports but it seems to be this year to be way more. The michipicoren has been on a steady run to the soo with ore from the twin ports and there is always a backlog of canadien ships loading out of superior and two harbors going to Hamilton,Quebec and nanticoke. At least it seems way more than I ever remember.