Ocean Tower is back…
-
Steamboater66
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
0004h EDT. Sunday, Oct11/26
Ocean Tower has not made progress. She seems to have slowed and is making just barely 2 kts. The NW wind I think was around 6 kts at my Saturday late morning post has increased. It is blowing steadily 15 kts with gusts to 22 kts. Seas are running 2.3m. I sense that those winds have forced them to just try and hold the position they are at until the heavy gusting abates.
Ocean Tower has not made progress. She seems to have slowed and is making just barely 2 kts. The NW wind I think was around 6 kts at my Saturday late morning post has increased. It is blowing steadily 15 kts with gusts to 22 kts. Seas are running 2.3m. I sense that those winds have forced them to just try and hold the position they are at until the heavy gusting abates.
-
Steamboater66
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
1142h EDT Sat. Oct. 10/26Ocean Tower
GuestOct. 7 has a good point. Ocean Tower was coming almost abreast Cabo SAN Lucas. Today she is making only 2.6 kts at this time and has not progressed much since Friday.
Checked weather at sea…wind steady at 6 kts. Wind is NW. Waves are just over 2m. It is sunny at 33C. So ….those are pretty fair conditions. Since on previous parts of this voyage, average speed of the tug would be 7- 7.5 kts and they’ve dropped a lot to 2.6 kts…I wonder if they may be having mechanical issues. They’ve put on a ton of mileage since Manitowoc!
GuestOct. 7 has a good point. Ocean Tower was coming almost abreast Cabo SAN Lucas. Today she is making only 2.6 kts at this time and has not progressed much since Friday.
Checked weather at sea…wind steady at 6 kts. Wind is NW. Waves are just over 2m. It is sunny at 33C. So ….those are pretty fair conditions. Since on previous parts of this voyage, average speed of the tug would be 7- 7.5 kts and they’ve dropped a lot to 2.6 kts…I wonder if they may be having mechanical issues. They’ve put on a ton of mileage since Manitowoc!
-
Guest
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
Had been moving down the coast of Baja California and reversed course at 3.3 kts. I think it's because of the growing storm/likely typhoon off the central American coast. Don't want any part of that!
-
Guest
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
Ocean Tower on the move. Left earlier today and SW off Tijuana coastline, presumably heading to the Panama Canal and then Tampa?? 8.5 kts
-
Steamboater66
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
2320h EDT Tues. Sept 29/26
Ocean Tower continues to hold her place moored in San Diego tonight.
Side note… Anyone who is following this thread steadily has seen me write of the capcha security thing and my frustration of post rejections for no seemingly solid reason.
It’s not ALL bad. I had 2 get through on the 28th I think it was. Thanks to those who’ve written in with comments and support. That was a mighty big test for Dann towing, the crews, and not least of all the tug’s durability; so in my book worth following and writing about.
Hope this one gets through security!
Ocean Tower continues to hold her place moored in San Diego tonight.
Side note… Anyone who is following this thread steadily has seen me write of the capcha security thing and my frustration of post rejections for no seemingly solid reason.
It’s not ALL bad. I had 2 get through on the 28th I think it was. Thanks to those who’ve written in with comments and support. That was a mighty big test for Dann towing, the crews, and not least of all the tug’s durability; so in my book worth following and writing about.
Hope this one gets through security!
-
Steamboater66
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
1019h EDT. Tues. Sept. 29/26
An afterthought to my previous post today…
Thanks to Luth and 2 other Guests for your supportive comments about my posts.
This morning typed my post then did the capcha security thing. Been having trouble submitting through that thing. First post today went smoothly through. Hope this one does too.
An afterthought to my previous post today…
Thanks to Luth and 2 other Guests for your supportive comments about my posts.
This morning typed my post then did the capcha security thing. Been having trouble submitting through that thing. First post today went smoothly through. Hope this one does too.
-
Steamboater66
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
1012h EDT. Tues. Sept. 29/26
Ocean Tower is on her sixth day of return to SanDiego. We have to wonder what will be next for her. It won’t be easy to surpass the most recent voyage to Hawaii and back.
Ocean Tower is on her sixth day of return to SanDiego. We have to wonder what will be next for her. It won’t be easy to surpass the most recent voyage to Hawaii and back.
-
Steamboater66
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
00:17h EDT. Sunday Sept. 27/26
Sunday will mark Ocean Tower’s third day home. She continues to be moored in San Diego.
Sunday will mark Ocean Tower’s third day home. She continues to be moored in San Diego.
-
Steamboater 66
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
1030h EDT. Fri. Sept. 25/26
Ocean Tower is home. She docked in San Diego yesterday, Thurs. Sept. 24 at 1730h local time. It was a very successfully conducted voyage!
Ocean Tower is home. She docked in San Diego yesterday, Thurs. Sept. 24 at 1730h local time. It was a very successfully conducted voyage!
-
Luth
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
Sometimes I have to redo the captcha if I take too long to type my post. Maybe you think you’re posting but really have to redo as well?
-
ML10
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
Heading- 67 degrees @ 8.6 kts.
30.75 N. 138.49 W
Don't know if there's a barge or not but she left doing 8+ kts and she's holding that speed days later, I'm gonna say no. But I've been wrong before, ask my wife!! A California port destination I would think, San Diego again.
30.75 N. 138.49 W
Don't know if there's a barge or not but she left doing 8+ kts and she's holding that speed days later, I'm gonna say no. But I've been wrong before, ask my wife!! A California port destination I would think, San Diego again.
-
Steamboater66
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
1030h EDT. Wed, Sept. 16/26
Been having trouble getting my posts through the captcha submission process. Any body n here have advice on how to handle this? Anyone else had this happen?
I’m curious if anyone on here actually has a clue what where Ocean Tower s headed. Is the barge with her? I am guessing San Francisco if this gets through and posted n the forum.
Been having trouble getting my posts through the captcha submission process. Any body n here have advice on how to handle this? Anyone else had this happen?
I’m curious if anyone on here actually has a clue what where Ocean Tower s headed. Is the barge with her? I am guessing San Francisco if this gets through and posted n the forum.
-
rcrvrp
-
Guest
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
Ocean Tower left Honolulu about an hour and a half ago, around noon Hawaii time. Now clear of all the bad weather around there. No destination given.....
-
Guest
-
Steamboater66
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
1323h EDT Thurs. Sept. 10/26
US Navy has posted a summary of the crane tow from Manitowoc to Pearl Harbor.
Nothing new about Ocean Tower.
US Navy has posted a summary of the crane tow from Manitowoc to Pearl Harbor.
Nothing new about Ocean Tower.
-
Luth
Re: Ocean Tower is back…
It’s nice to see the April Fools post have made a comeback. I for one, have missed them.