CSL Georgian Bay

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Capt R Metz

Re: CSL Georgian Bay

Unread post by Capt R Metz »

I sail as 3rd. Mate on her in 1973 & Carl Norton was the skipper & Allen Dodge was 1St. Mate. We had quite a few trips into Georgian Bay area. I like the ship and she was a nice looking .
paperman

Re: CSL Georgian Bay

Unread post by paperman »

I sailed on that ship in 71, it wasn't one of my favorite vessels...
Guest

Re: CSL Georgian Bay

Unread post by Guest »

Thank-you to everyone who replied.Hey Seadog,wondering if you might have been aboard her the summer we ran into the wall at the eisenhour lock and had to sail all the way to Thunder Bay dry docks with a huge hole in her bow?
seadog

Re: CSL Georgian Bay

Unread post by seadog »

when i worked on the ss georgian bay in the 70s she was registered in collingwood not montreal
spb
Posts: 11
Joined: August 10, 2010, 2:48 pm

Re: CSL Georgian Bay

Unread post by spb »

Randy S
Posts: 587
Joined: October 15, 2010, 2:30 pm

Re: Looking for information

Unread post by Randy S »

According to BGSU - http://ul.bgsu.edu/cgi-bin/xvsl2.cgi she was scrapped in Turkey Oct 1989
ampeater

CSL Georgian Bay

Unread post by ampeater »

Looking to find information about "Georgian Bay" a CSL ship which I sailed on in 1973. Can anyone tell me the best place to find such information. I believe we sailed into the port of Midland, Ont. on occasion and would also like to know if there is somewhere to search for crew lists, etc. The ship was built in 1954, thank-you
Post Reply