Sparrows Point

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
oldseadog

Re: Sparrows Point

Unread post by oldseadog »

Algoma Discovery arriving at the CSX coal and ore dock Curtis Bay MD. Sunday 1930hrs.
oldseadog

I don't see the Discovery in Baltimore she was due there yesterday, unless her AIS is off, she is due back in Sept Iles on the 22 Jan, the Guardian on the 16th Jan. and again on the 30th Jan.

Unread post by Guest »

Guardian and Discovery are both on the Sept Illes schedule for more ore cargoes.
pcolachap

Unread post by pcolachap »

I was in Huron OH yesterday. There appears to be about 200K of ore on the dock now. Earlier in the year, someone had posted that a load of ore delivered there was to be shipped to Sparrows Point. Does anyone have any more information on the destination of the Huron ore? Mike
oldseadog

Algoma Guardian is unloading at Curtis Bay across from Sparrows Point, same place as the CSL boats unloaded last year, presumably the ore will be loaded on hopper cars for another destination.
oldseadog

I believe the ore is going to another section of Baltimore Harbor, it is across from Sparrows Point, a place called Curtis bay, there is a railway yard there and I thnik the ore is transhipped from there to another steel mill, at least that was the situation last time I saw a CSL ship in Baltimore, I will keep an eye on the Algoma vessels and see where they go in Baltimore.

Sparrows Point

Unread post by Guest »

Algoma Guardian and Discovery are taking ore to Baltimore. Is the mill going to be restarted ? TIA