Layups

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
surveyor

Re: Layups

Post by surveyor »

Sam Laud is laid up at the G&W dock in Cleveland
Randy S

Post by Randy S »

Any number of factors can determine where a boat lays-up, including but not limited to: Needed work and the port's ability to perform that work, dockage/space availability and costs, storage loads, etc
novascotia

Post by novascotia »

How does a company choose layup sites?

There seems to be a small amount of ships wintering in Sarnia compared to other years, would the large amount of work on the Michipicoten this year make ships with minor repairs go to other ports?

I have seen 12+ ships in Sarnia, this year only 8, with most ships layed up.

Post by guest »

Maumee is in layup at Cleveland upriver near the steel mills. Mckee Sons most likely will layup at Cleveland as she had a load of ore bound for this port several days ago. American Mariner, Sam Laud, Kaye E. Barker and CSL Niagara are in layup at Toledo though not posted on the Boatnerd site yet.Also Mississagi is doing the short haul salt runs between Windsor and Detroit.

Post by Guest »

Olive Moore/Lewis Kuber went in on Dec 30.

Post by Guest »

LJ Kuber laid up Menominee a little after Christmas, along with her tug Olive L Moore, belive the Kam is laid up at Windsor but have no idea what date she entered layup.
ashland69

Layups

Post by ashland69 »

Someone is doing a fantastic jobs keeping the Winter layup sheet in good order, but I was wondering about a few layups. The Maumee, Kaministiqua and the Lewis Kuber. Are they at the wall yet? I'm sure the Maumee has been laid up quite a while now. Any comments?