Page 1 of 1
Re: Alpena
Posted: May 31, 2018, 7:46 am
by Guest
I noticed on the Marine Traffic website over the weekend that the Alpena appeared to have taken a course well north of the normal track across Lake Superior between the Keweenaw Peninsula and the Soo. Does anyone know why this would have been done? Other ships in the area appeared to be following the normal track.
Re: Alpena
Posted: May 30, 2018, 10:37 pm
by Guest
Actually, no I did not. By the time she made it down, I was at work. I did see the tug Defiance and barge Ashtabula unload some coal crap at the Alpena Oil dock on Monday for about 9 hours though.
Re: Alpena
Posted: May 29, 2018, 7:24 am
by Guest
did you get to see her come in hopfully the bugs wernt to bad
Re: Alpena
Posted: May 27, 2018, 9:23 pm
by Guest
Right on, Garbear. I’ve been checking on her everyday since March, except today. I’ll be there to see her come in tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. Party on the breakwall
Re: Alpena
Posted: May 27, 2018, 4:10 pm
by garbear
Alpena departed Superior this afternoon.
Re: Alpena
Posted: May 23, 2018, 9:41 pm
by Hermie Phillips
Last I heard they are supposed to return to service around the 10th of June. Earlier if demand picks up. Later if it stays slow.
Alpena
Posted: May 19, 2018, 10:12 am
by Guest
Does anybody have any information as to when the Alpena will end her short term layup? I understand that she is waiting at LaFarge Superior for cargo demand to pick up.