75 today and still going strong!

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Timerover51

Re: 75 today and still going strong!

Unread post by Timerover51 »

Well, if she is properly maintained and her hull is still sound, she should be good for another quarter of a century.
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

Guest wrote:Seen older pictures of her in Cliffs and ford colours Interlakes colours do her no favours!
Yes, those were classy color schemes, but -- at least in my eyes -- she remains classy no matter the colors she wears! Maybe it has something to do with my being born on her launch date, several years later. P.S. Can't resist noting that spell check indicates you're a Canadian or British Boatnerd.

Unread post by Guest »

Seen older pictures of her in Cliffs and ford colours Interlakes colours do her no favours!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well bookworm you were only off on your calculations by one year on the Lee A. Tregurtha so that's not too bad. Glad to hear that she is your favorite as she is a true classic and lots of history in her like her once proud sister the Middletown was. I guess we have a little bit in common as we both like the Tregurtha ships as far as our all time favorites. Your favorite of course is the Lee while mine of course is the Paul. Taking nothing of course away from all of the other ships sailing out there it's just the Paul as always fascinated me and she was ironically the very first ship that I saw when I first started my shipwatching hobby and career 26 years ago this year!
Bookworm

Re: 76 today and still going strong!

She's 76, not 75 as my original post said!
Bookworm

75 today and still going strong!

From "King of the Oilers," by Jon L. Strupp (Beavers Pond Press, 2007): "...SS Samoset was launched June 25, 1942, as U.S. hull #251505..."
Having gone through numerous name and structural changes, today she sails for Interlake as the lovely Lee A Tregurtha. Happy Birthday to my favorite!!
Attachments
2016-01-06a Bluewater Bridges (e).jpg