A new update from Denny and my future here

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Denny

Re: A new update from Denny and my future here

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Bookworm as always I enjoy and appreciate your comments and nice words of support as they are always welcomed. Glad to hear as well that Big Paul blew a salute. I’ll share that salute with you and the many other boatnerds as well. Boatnerds one and all had better get ready and be ready as I’m coming back to the St. Clair River soon to begin yet another season my 26th to be exact very soon. I want to hear I hope lots of salutes as fall is my favorite time of year but just wished though it lasted longer. Also, the return of my ever famous “Autumn Thunder will be back again soon!” Can’t wait to get it started. One song they use at NFL games is “Start Me Up!” Well my engines are ready and now I am just waiting on the green light in the next week or so to start me up.
Bookworm

Re: A new update from Denny and my future here

Unread post by Bookworm »

Denny, one can only do what they can and Boatnerds appreciate the time and effort you have put into doing the port reports. Big Paul just passed here a few minutes ago and blew a salute. I think it was for you!
Denny

A new update from Denny and my future here

Unread post by Denny »

Hello everyone as I know it’s been a while since I’ve updated some of my other posts for you all. Sorry for not keeping up on a regular basis. First I would like to begin by saying we’ve all read and heard about the boatnerd survey and the future of this website. Well not trying to copy anything from their message but I’m sure many are wondering about me and my future here. While I can’t say for sure, as many of you know my posts are fewer and less these days especially on the News Page. This year the Marine Traffic website no longer holds information past 24 hours so this keeps me busier than ever because of that! Last night I spent 5 grueling hours on their site and only got a few hours of sleep to show for it. This also cuts into my free time and has kept me from also going to the river to see ships. Each day is a constant fight and battle for me just to try and keep up with all of this stuff which as most can imagine is not easy. I’m only one person and don’t have the time to keep up on stuff without help from others. Just to call the hotline tapes by phone is another demanding job for me. For 12 years I’ve done stuff from the Montreal website and even longer doing the Ike Lock salty reports but again, this is all time consuming and it’s taken a toll on me and at times a struggle to keep up with. So my point here is I don’t know how much more reporting and contributing I can do to try and help out when needed. I try and do my best and I know you all will want me to continue no matter what but, remember too with my Mom gone that means I have more and bigger priorities and responsibilities than before and trying to adjust to life and things without her which has been a real tough physical and mental challenge for me this past year or so. Last week it finally got to the breaking point to where I just needed to get away and go to the Soo. I won’t go into details other than it was just what I needed and had the time of my life and lots of fun. So I will try and do my best at reporting and contributing but can’t guarantee and promise you miracles as it all depends on my schedule. Sorry to ramble and put up this long post. Thanks for reading and 3 Long 2 Short!