Page 1 of 1

Re: Storage Vessel Port Huron 1980s

Posted: February 5, 2019, 7:13 pm
by garbear

Re: Storage Vessel Port Huron 1980s

Posted: February 4, 2019, 6:19 am
by Guest
Thanks! That is exactly I remember being there. Was it used to load the saltwater boats that called a the Seaway Terminal or just storage?

Re: Storage Vessel Port Huron 1980s

Posted: February 3, 2019, 8:36 pm
by Hermie Phillips
Maybe it's the old Kinsman Enterprise. She was used for storage at a warehouse in Port Huron during the Late 70's and early 80's. I'm not sure what kind of storage though. Went for scrap in Turkey in 1989.

Re: Storage Vessel Port Huron 1980s

Posted: February 3, 2019, 6:44 pm
by J Kerwin
I believe you are talking about the Kinsman Enterprise (ex Norman B. Ream) that was docked at the Bean Dock for many years as a storage hull.

Re: Storage Vessel Port Huron 1980s

Posted: February 3, 2019, 5:44 pm
by Guest
Old retired kinsman boat. I believe was for grain storage. If not mistaken it was the kinsman independent from 1906. Mmm, maybe originally Norman b ream? Don’t hold me to that.lol

Re: Storage Vessel Port Huron 1980s

Posted: February 3, 2019, 5:02 pm
by Jon Paul
I'm guessing your referring to the Kinsman Enterprise (ex Norman B Ream).
It laid up in Toledo in '78 and was sold to Port Huron Seaway Terminal in '79 and renamed Hull No. 1.
It was used to store sunflower seeds, sugar beet pellets and corn gluten over the years and went for scrap to Turkey in '89.

Storage Vessel Port Huron 1980s

Posted: February 3, 2019, 12:57 pm
by Guest
I remember that there was an old freighter that was docked along M-29 at Port Huron during the 1980s. What was it there for? Was it just abandoned or did it have an accident in the area and just left there?