Detroit Lions

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Denny

Re: Detroit Lions

Unread post by Denny »

Sounds good to me Ed and while at it, besides a professional team for football (NFL) how about one for Baseball along with Hockey and also the NCAA as well? We certainly could use some in those others that I have listed. As for fans in Detroit, Yeah that may be true but I've also seen a stronger following in other sports towns as well such as New York, Boston and Green Bay. Maybe if we had a real professional football team along with a College Football team then perhaps the fans would really get passionate for their teams! Just my two cents worth only here on this subject is all.
ed

Unread post by ed »

I have an idea ! How about getting a professional football team here in Detroit - heck - the fans are already here .
Darryl

Unread post by Darryl »

Although I'm a Vikings fan, I think the officiating played a major part in today's and last weeks loses. That interception in the end zone that they reversed looked good to me. Also, Stafford to Jones is quite a lethal combo.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Agree 100% Marc as I watched some of them today and in spite the fact that Stafford looked and played well, their defense stunk and gave up a season high of more than 30 points give or take on the Vikings today. I say that IF they can't improve somehow and turn it around then Coach Matt Patricia should go after this year along with maybe OC Darryl Bevel. Since they've hired Bevel from Seattle, he hasn't done much of anything for the Offense and also the last OC Jim Bob Cooter didn't do very much either in his last two or so years with the Lions. Perhaps maybe it's time for them to part ways as well with Matt Stafford and start planning now for the future. I think a complete overhaul here is in the works with them and you need to start at the top and work down. Sadly though as it is, one of the worst decisions and mistakes they made years ago was bringing in Matt Millen as their GM as he just about ruined the Lions then and made them a national disgrace. Sort of what the Tigers have done as far as getting rid of Dombrowski and all of the talented players they had and now having Al Avila running them! Sorry to go just a tad off subject here but just making a point.
MarcE

Detroit Lions

Unread post by MarcE »

After wasting 30 years rooting for the lions, I am done. They will NEVER amount to anything as long as the current ownership is in place.