Edwin Gott in Duluth

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
JohnH

Re: Edwin Gott in Duluth

Unread post by JohnH »

Guest wrote:Is it just me, or did she pass Two Harbors all together and is now past Sand Island?
Here is the Gott's track passing near Sand Island, then turning & ending up off Two Harbors
Attachments
Gott Track.jpg
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

justin wrote:on the Two Harbors Depot webcam you can see the Gott sitting just off the break wall waiting for the Burns Harbor to load.
Out in the lake South of the Gott you can see the Block also waiting to load.
justin

Unread post by justin »

on the Two Harbors Depot webcam you can see the Gott sitting just off the break wall waiting for the Burns Harbor to load.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:I thought I saw on Harbor Lookout she’s due back to Duluth today about 3 P.M. or so give or take. Now I’m really confused here with this issue. Anyone care to maybe fill in the blanks? Help if you can and have any information on this!
Harbor Lookout is still running with the original schedule. They had her departing at 3 and the schedule hasn't changed.

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Is it just me, or did she pass Two Harbors all together and is now past Sand Island?
No point going into Two Harbors, Burns Harbor is at the loading dock.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I thought I saw on Harbor Lookout she’s due back to Duluth today about 3 P.M. or so give or take. Now I’m really confused here with this issue. Anyone care to maybe fill in the blanks? Help if you can and have any information on this!

Unread post by Guest »

Is it just me, or did she pass Two Harbors all together and is now past Sand Island?
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Guest wrote:Making her way slowly at 7 knots. She is only half way there while she should be just arriving. Must have done maintenance
No hurry in getting there. The Burns Harbor is at the shiploader.

Unread post by Guest »

Making her way slowly at 7 knots. She is only half way there while she should be just arriving. Must have done maintenance
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Guest wrote:Harbor Lookout schedule has 3pm on Tuesday for a departure. We’ll see if that is accurate
As of 8:30 Duluth time she is underway heading for the aerial bridge.

Unread post by Guest »

Harbor Lookout schedule has 3pm on Tuesday for a departure. We’ll see if that is accurate
Darryl

Unread post by Darryl »

Monday at 2000, still in the Port Terminal slip, tied up to the north side in even ballast.
hugh3

Unread post by hugh3 »

Maybe that scheduled mid-lake repair did not work?
hausen

Unread post by hausen »

Friday or yesterday the Gott was briefly listed on the Twin Ports vessel schedule as due Duluth today to “take a delay” before heading to Two Harbors to load. That listing appeared to be changed rather quickly to say instead that she was going directly to Two Harbors, but the possibility of a side trip to Duluth was seemingly in play several days ago. The observer is correct - Gott is not at the fuel dock. She appears to be stern-in alongside Port Terminal berth 8/9, or the old Cargill D / Peavey Duluth elevator dock. Port Authority berths are a common place for ships to make brief stops for routine repairs, which is almost certainly what the Gott is up to here.
Bob

Unread post by Bob »

No the gott is backed in the slip at the port terminal, I saw it this morning when I drove by. I assume their getting repairs done but didn’t see any Fraser shipyard trucks over there. Didn’t look like much going on she wasn’t ballasted down on either end.

Edwin Gott in Duluth

Unread post by Guest »

I can’t find any info on the Gott. It is in Duluth now, but she is expected to be at Two Harbors. Taking a delay at Port Terminal? She doesn’t appear to be at the fuel dock