Tug Joe Thompson Jr. Updates

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
orangeshirt

Re: Tug Joe Thompson Jr. Updates

Unread post by orangeshirt »

In my opinion it would be temporary. But, in the world of speculation, many things are possible.

Unread post by Guest »

orangeshirt wrote:Hey Denny,
I've been told the work on the Dirk VanEnkevort, the former Joe Jr. is behind schedule and they may be at least a couple of months away from being ready to go. It is also my understanding that the Joyce may drop the Great Lakes Trader at Sturgeon Bay and pick up the new barge. Presumably this would allow them to get work done on the GLT and get any bugs worked out of the new barge while waiting for the Dirk to be ready. This is all second hand information but is credible.
Interesting. And this would be temporary till Dirk is complete? Or would Dirk end up pushing GLT?
orangeshirt

Unread post by orangeshirt »

Hey Denny,
I've been told the work on the Dirk VanEnkevort, the former Joe Jr. is behind schedule and they may be at least a couple of months away from being ready to go. It is also my understanding that the Joyce may drop the Great Lakes Trader at Sturgeon Bay and pick up the new barge. Presumably this would allow them to get work done on the GLT and get any bugs worked out of the new barge while waiting for the Dirk to be ready. This is all second hand information but is credible.
Chris M

Unread post by Chris M »

Denny's talking about the tug Joseph H Thompson Jr which use to push the barge Joseph H Thompson. The barge is now pushed but the Laura VanEnkenvort

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Thought I saw them upbound yesterday at Port Huron. Couldn't tell what was pushing Joe..
The Joe Thompson is being pushed by the Laura VanEnkevort.

Unread post by Guest »

Thought I saw them upbound yesterday at Port Huron. Couldn't tell what was pushing Joe....
Denny

Tug Joe Thompson Jr. Updates

Unread post by Denny »

What is happening with the tug Joe Thompson Jr. as I thought they were in Erie, Pennsylvania being updated and eventually to be renamed as well to the Dirk S. VanEnkevort? To my understanding they are going to be paired up with the new barge Michigan Trader but, haven’t seen or heard of anything on this yet. Will the Thompson sail from Erie then to Sturgeon Bay to be paired with the Michigan Trader? Will they also have a christening ceremony I suppose there as well? Sorry for so many of my questions just curious. Any information is appreciated here. Thanks.