45 Foot Workboat picture on news by Paul Beesley

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
BigRiver

Re: 45 Foot Workboat picture on news by Paul Beesley

Unread post by BigRiver »

Is this the vessel being discussed?
Attachments
DSC_4544.JPG

Unread post by Guest »

If I am not mistaken this vessel was owned by the Samson Naval Museum on Seneca Lake NY. Sold to a firm in Rochester and now to Bidco. The local news ran a story several years back when she was sold from the Coast Guard, illustrating her journey through the Erie Canal to Seneca Lake.
Rob

Unread post by Rob »

Bidco is based out of Buffalo and has a yard on the Buffalo river across from the Marine A elevator. They are going to use it on the Zebra Mussel removal on the Buffalo water intake round house.

The yard has been moved next to the new Niagara Power Authority docks at the old Union Furnace site and where the G tugs used to tie up.
Rob

Unread post by Rob »

Its now owned by Bidco Marine. I was actually supposed to be on the lock transit, but did not make it. It was a good thing because they were held up quite a while make the canal transit.
tug589

Unread post by tug589 »

Which 45' workboat are you talking about? Whats the name and what days gallery was it in?
Timerover51

Unread post by Timerover51 »

Any idea as to what she went for? The Great Lakes Naval Memorial and Museum is looking for a ship like that for work on the Great Lakes.

45 Foot Workboat picture on news by Paul Beesley

Unread post by Guest »

That is an ex-USCG 45' buoy tender that was recently sold by the TowboatUS firm in Rochester. Not sure who the new owners were but I saw it on eBay not too long ago (don't recall the price offhand) and I actually looked her over for another TowBoatUS firm that was considering buying it. Very nice vessel in great shape.