Position of the Agawa Canyon

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
oldseadog

Re: Position of the Agawa Canyon

Unread post by oldseadog »

The tow of the Agawa Canyon will reach Gibralter Oct 7th
Ralph

Unread post by Ralph »

Part of my life disapearing, I sailed on her for 2 years, good old days.
oldseadog

Its 1650.0nm or 1887.5 statued miles from Haliafx to the Azores Ponta Delgado is 92.0 nm or 105 miles east of the Azores, The person giving me the information was not obliged to do so and he was not going to give the exact position of the tow, in any case it is quite close to what he gave me, today, they are closer than yesterday, it would safe to say. Also the report given to me said the tow was 750 miles West of Ponta Delgado which is 1757 nm from Halifax, and 105 miles east of the Azores.
Mac Mackay

Unread post by Mac Mackay »

It's supposed to be 1750 miles (as the crow flies) from Halifax to the Azores.
Fritz

Unread post by Fritz »

It's only 1500 miles from Nova Scotia to the Azores? A glance at Google Earth suggests it more like twice that.
oldseadog

Position of the Agawa Canyon

The tug Sirocco and the Agawa Canyon are about 750 miles West of Ponta Delgado, Azores this morning, about half way between Nova Scotia and the Azores. The tow had to slow down a bit on the River, so that hurricane Igor could pass in front of the tow. The towing speed in slighthy in excess of 8 knots.