old yacht in the same slip across from the Boblo boats in de

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: old yacht in the same slip across from the Boblo boats in de

Unread post by Guest »

Eric Miller wrote:Is this the yacht that used to charter out of St. Clair Shores? If it is, I played the piano on her for a wedding rehearsal dinner in the late 80's. What a wonderful boat!
Yes,that would be her! She berthed at Jefferson Beach Marina for years behind the Infinity. I would like to see her out on the lake again!
Eric Miller

Unread post by Eric Miller »

Is this the yacht that used to charter out of St. Clair Shores? If it is, I played the piano on her for a wedding rehearsal dinner in the late 80's. What a wonderful boat!

Unread post by Guest »

Helene, not sure what the plans are for her. She sank at the dock a few years ago and was raided but not restored. Here are details on her: http://archive.boatnerd.com/archivej/6-05/000002c7.htm
capttom3

old yacht in the same slip across from the Boblo boats in de

Unread post by capttom3 »

There was a picture apparently taken from some kind of harbor cruise, that shows some kind of old maybe steam powered yacht. This picture was in one of the galleries on this site. The boat in question is across the slip from the Boblo boats in Detroit. Does anyone know anything about it, and does it have a future other than scrap.