Enerchem Transport

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Enerchem Transport

Unread post by Guest »

summer 78 and most of 79. and she does look good in the recent photos. its nice to see something i sailed on still earning her keep.
Laurent

Unread post by Laurent »

Thanks for that information.

amazing. They even kept part of the Algoma colour scheme
Northup

Unread post by Northup »

TWilush wrote:Are you aware of any pictures of her in her current state?
I found these pictures. Looks pretty good!
Attachments
Ship+Photo+SANTA+CLAUS2.jpg
Ship+Photo+SANTA+CLAUS.jpg
TWilush

Unread post by TWilush »

Are you aware of any pictures of her in her current state?
Mac Mackay

Unread post by Mac Mackay »

Doan Transport (ex Jon Ramsoy -74) became Enerchem Catalyst in 1986, Algocatalyst in 1999.
In was sold for scrap and sailed from Halifax February 16, 2004 to Turkey under the name Catalyst.
However this was not to be the case. It was still trading in March 2005 but was detained in Gibrlatar for deficiencies. By this time it was banned from returning to Canada for failing to call at a designated repair yard.
In January 2006 it was renamed Sant Claus under the Comoros flag, with Greek ownership, but was working in Nigeria. According to a report from March of this year it was still in service.
Laurent

Unread post by Laurent »

Hi. The Doan Transport became the Enerchem Catalyst I think and then the Algocatalyst under Algoma. Wasn't Enerchem Transport the Company? I could be wrong.

What year were you a cadet on her? I was on her summer of '77 after the engine room fire and trip to Toronto.

Unread post by Guest »

i'm assuming this is the former doan transport of halco. she was towed for scrap. lots of good memories there. i have a picture somewhere of her stuck in ice in superior. my first ship as deckhand and cadet.
Ralph

Enerchem Transport

Unread post by Ralph »

What has happened to Enerchem Transport. I am trying to locate Tony Airey. Thanks