Guest Quarters Canadian Ships

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Guest Quarters Canadian Ships

Unread post by Guest »

Canadoc did have guest quarters on the second deck, and a small Captains cabin just below the pilot house. Mantadoc had no guest quarters, and Vandoc had them on top of the stern. both Mantadoc and Vandoc had small Capt quarters just behind pilot house.
Mac Mackay

Unread post by Mac Mackay »

I would add some CSLers had guest cabins and longe. Jean Parisien being one. Comfortable, in a corporate sort of way, without being flashy. I believe there were two bedrooms, maybe three.

Unread post by Guest »

Did the Canadoc have guest quarters? That extra deck on the forward deckhouse sure gave it a unique look.

Unread post by Guest »

I know lots of Canadian lakers had very nice owners quarters all the Misener built ships all had very nice captain- guest quarters, Paterson 1 and 2 and Senator of Canada had beautiful guest deck, all the Vickers ships especially the Misener twins were exceptional, Algocen had a very modern guest deck also same for Algowest, Seaway Queen and Frank Sherman were nice also.

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I have seen several threads about guest quarters on US lakers, but how do/did Canadian vessels compare?
Our friends up North are so polite that they give you their quarters and sleep on the floor in quiet corners of the passageway, so there is no need for them!!:)

Sorry, I can't answer your question. I just couldn't resist!!

Guest Quarters Canadian Ships

Unread post by Guest »

I have seen several threads about guest quarters on US lakers, but how do/did Canadian vessels compare?