Capt. Robert Endelman?

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Laurie

Re: Capt. Robert Endelman?

Unread post by Laurie »

Russ, thank you very much. Where would I find the photo in the Interlake Log?
Russ

Unread post by Russ »

Robert A. Endleman joined Interlake Steamship Company as Second Mate of the C. S. Robinson in 1918. He was First Mate on the Amasa Stone sometime between 1925 and 1936. During that year, he help save five survivors when the limestone carrying steamer Whalen capsized between Erie and Buffalo. His first appointment as Captain came in 1937 when he was on the Elba. He was Captain of the Pegaseus in 1939 and Captain of the Canopus in 1939 and 1940. From 1941 - 1944, he was Captain of the Fayette Brown. He was Captain of the Augustus B. Wolvin from 1945 - 1951 except for a brief period in 1950 when he was Captain of the Samuel Mather. He sailed again as Captain of the Samuel Mather from 1952 through 1956. He was Captain of the E. G. Grace in 1957 and 1958 before he retired on 8/27/1958 after sailing with Interlake Steamship for 40 years. There is a photo of Captain Robert A. Endleman in the October 1958 issue of the Interlake Log.
Brent

Unread post by Brent »

Go to the Bowling Green site and check out vessel personnel. There is a Robert A. Endelman listed with quite a few citations. Since you didn't provide a middle initial, I wasn't sure it was the same gentleman.
Laurie

Capt. Robert Endelman?

Unread post by Laurie »

Can anyone tell me what ships Robert Endelman was on. Family history says he was a captain for several years.
Thanks in Advance