Dredging between Snell and Eisenhower Locks?

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
kent malo

Re: Dredging between Snell and Eisenhower Locks?

Unread post by kent malo »

I forgot to mention another piece of equipment between Snell and Eisenhower locks, the Tug Sanna.

The Jason and J Krab are between the Snell and Eisenhower locks not too sure what their function is. The Canadian Provider entering the beauharnois canal at this time, 1000am.
kent malo

Unread post by kent malo »

Leo wrote:Noticed something that looked like a small barge early this evening in the darkness that was mostly just staying stationary, and eventually a small boat left it. Seem to vaguely recall hearing something about dredging through that channel a while back. Was that what I saw in the darkness? Anyone have a picture it?

Also where did the Canadian Provider go? Was hoping to see her today since I thought I saw her transiting downbound on the vessel map earlier, but she never showed. Did she end up going to the Prescott elevator instead of going further down the Seaway?

Thanks
The Jason and J Krab are between the Snell and Eisenhower locks not too sure what their function is. The Canadian Provider entering the beauharnois canal at this time, 1000am.
Seahound

Unread post by Seahound »

Canadian Provider is bound for Baie Comeau.
Leo

Dredging between Snell and Eisenhower Locks?

Unread post by Leo »

Noticed something that looked like a small barge early this evening in the darkness that was mostly just staying stationary, and eventually a small boat left it. Seem to vaguely recall hearing something about dredging through that channel a while back. Was that what I saw in the darkness? Anyone have a picture it?

Also where did the Canadian Provider go? Was hoping to see her today since I thought I saw her transiting downbound on the vessel map earlier, but she never showed. Did she end up going to the Prescott elevator instead of going further down the Seaway?

Thanks