USCGC Hollyhock in Duluth

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: USCGC Hollyhock in Duluth

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Would the Spar and its crew require some type of work-up period for the new duty station? Or was the crew of the Alder transferred to the Spar?

As I understand from reading several articles the Alder crew was transferred to the Spar.

Post by Guest »

Thank you for the replies. I googled and checked the D9 page, but did not find the news article. Not a resident of Duluth, but do enjoy all the harbor cams. Was watching this morning as Hollyhock motored about the harbor and out and back through the canal, which is where the question arose.

Post by Guest »

SPAR had been underway for a month straight en route from the CG yard at Baltimore. SPAR’s crew is being given a rest and HOLLYHOCK is staying in Duluth to cover for her. It was in the Duluth News Tribune story from the other day when SPAR arrived.

Post by Guest »

Would the Spar and its crew require some type of work-up period for the new duty station? Or was the crew of the Alder transferred to the Spar?

Post by guest »

Spar's crew is being given two weeks of leave after being on the ship for 90 days straight according to the Duluth paper news article. My guess is the Hollyhock is hanging around until that time is up.

USCGC Hollyhock in Duluth

Post by Guest »

Just curious if anyone knows why Hollyhock is still in Duluth with Spar’s arrival?