Indiana harbor

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Indiana harbor

Post by Denny »

The Indiana Harbor I see now has a change in orders per their AIS on the Marine Traffic site. Instead of Two Harbors it looks and appears now that they are listed for Superior now.
Denny

Post by Denny »

In updating my notes from my post below about vessels still laid up in Toledo, noticed now that the Walter J. McCarthy Jr. left Toledo yesterday and stopped in Detroit to fuel. They departed there last night I think and was up on the St. Clair River early this morning. Their AIS is showing a Superior destination for them. Sorry too if this is off topic and subject.
Jon Paul

Post by Jon Paul »

Indiana Harbor currently anchored NW of Gros Cap waiting on weather.
Denny

Post by Denny »

The Indiana Harbor departed Toledo yesterday afternoon and they stopped in Detroit to fuel. They departed then from Detroit and are now upbound and their AIS is showing a Two Harbors destination as of right now at least. A little bit off subject here but, this now leaves these left in Toledo the Walter J. McCarthy Jr. and the Great Republic. American Valor is still in long-term lay up. The Philip R. Clarke also remains in lay up in Toledo as well! There may be more and sorry if I missed any of them.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Update: Indiana Harbor left Toledo yesterday afternoon for Duluth. American Mariner came downriver after loading and is discharging at Mondelez flour mill by the shipyard.
brian tpd

Post by brian tpd »

[quote="Denny"]Thanks a million Jim B as I appreciate that very much and glad that I can count on you and your excellent help and always great information from that area as well. Just to add, I noticed yesterday that the Olive L. Moore departed Toledo and headed back to Ashtabula. Also, American Mariner came into Toledo recently as well but I am not sure what for as I've yet to see or hear what that visit is related to as far as to load or something else then? Thanks as always again for your great information and help![/quote]
brian tpd

Post by brian tpd »

am courage is un loading at nabisco
Denny

Post by Denny »

Thanks a million Jim B as I appreciate that very much and glad that I can count on you and your excellent help and always great information from that area as well. Just to add, I noticed yesterday that the Olive L. Moore departed Toledo and headed back to Ashtabula. Also, American Mariner came into Toledo recently as well but I am not sure what for as I've yet to see or hear what that visit is related to as far as to load or something else then? Thanks as always again for your great information and help!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Indiana Harbor is at C&O #3, stern in.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Thanks Guest as that solves one mystery then as far as where then the barge Menominee is located at? As Jim B mentioned in his post further down, the Olive L. Moore is in the Drydock. I'm still looking for and also hoping for help as far as "What dock the Indiana Harbor is located at in Toledo?" As I mentioned in an earlier post, it has to be either at one of the CSX Docks or else the Midwest Terminals of Toledo. Don't know as to which one it is however and that's where I'm hoping that someone from the Toledo area might be able to fill in the missing link! So far I've yet to see anything posted on any of the Facebook pages and sights and also and NO I am not on Facebook either.

Post by Guest »

Denny wrote:They laid up in Ashtabula this past winter. Maybe they left the barge in Ashtabula when the tug left there for Toledo? Also, I can’t seem to find or locate the lay up dock and location for the Indiana Harbor in Toledo?
Menominee is near the TORCO docks.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Are they laid-up at the Midwest Terminals of Toledo Dock or else at one of the CSX Docks in Toledo? Any information one may have would be very much appreciated.

Post by guest »

With regards to the delayed entry of several thousand footers this spring, it is not just the closing of the "Mittal West" aka Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company blast furnaces, but there are 700K tons of taconite on the dock there, up in the canal. Cliffs has decided to ship that ore out to other Cliffs facilities primarily the old Inland mill (east side), meaning to 7H and then on to the big #7 blast furnace. This means less taconite coming down the Lake to Indiana Harbor. I wish times were better for Lake shipping!
Mike

Post by Guest »

Maybe the relocation of the Indiana Harbor is because the dock space was needed?

Perhaps the reason she may not be operating is due to the shutdown of the blast furnaces at Indiana Harbor West?
Denny

Post by Denny »

They laid up in Ashtabula this past winter. Maybe they left the barge in Ashtabula when the tug left there for Toledo? Also, I can’t seem to find or locate the lay up dock and location for the Indiana Harbor in Toledo?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Tug Olive L Moore is in the dry dock at Iron Head. I don't know where her barge is.
Denny

Post by Denny »

I’ve been wondering the same thing Bulldog? She did not have any cargo to unload when she departed Ashtabula for Toledo. I don’t think they went to Toledo for any repairs? My guess is probably for lay up as to why they went there? Another possibility is the dock in Ashtabula they were at needed to be used for other cargoes thus is a reason maybe that they may have gone to Toledo also? I find it interesting too besides them, the tug Olive L. Moore and barge Menominee also departed from Ashtabula and went over to Toledo where it still remains at this time. Maybe layup?
Bulldog

Indiana harbor

Post by Bulldog »

What’s going on with the Indiana harbor? She left layup in Ashtabula last week and went to Toledo. Did she have cargo to unload in Toledo or repairs or did she re enter layup?