American Spirit

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: American Spirit

Unread post by Guest »

Headed for CBT Cleveland when loaded
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Anyone know where they are loading for? I’m not showing or seeing anything for Toledo and I know that last year they did a few trips from Marquette to Toledo.
CSLFAN

Unread post by CSLFAN »

I believe she is on the move Saturday night at 23:00 hours showing a destination of Marquette.

Unread post by Guest »

It looks like she isn’t headed to Escanaba after all. She is currently in northern Lake Michigan headed for Marquette.

Unread post by Guest »

She's not going to Escanaba, nor heading for layup
Guest_SB

Unread post by Guest_SB »

The American Spirit departed Bay Ship late morning today.

Destination now listed as Marquette.

Unread post by Guest »

First it was Engaged in Fishing. Then Collingwood. Then Escanaba. They're obviously pulling your leg.
It departed Bayship Saturday enroute to Marquette to load for the Cleveland CBT.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

To answer one of your questions, Yes the CN Dock in Escanaba indeed can have a vessel docked on each side of it at least I've seen photos of it when it was in operation years ago and it indeed has a vessel docked on both sides of it. So, they should and could I would think anyway IMO be able to put at least two vessels there one on each side of the CN Dock.

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:At one point I thought the Roger Blough was going to get towed to the CN dock in Escanaba. Obviously, that hasn’t happened yet but it is interesting that CN would potentially allow another vessel to dock there while they pay for a dock in Sturgeon Bay for the Blough.

Obviously, we are speculating the American Spirit is headed to Escanaba for layup and I don’t actually know if that will happen.
Isn't the dock in Escanaba able to berth two vessels at once? If so, hosting the American Spirit wouldn't do any harm as far as the Blough is concerned. It is interesting, though, that this would leave no space for the Callaway. Would it be unrealistic to tow one of the two GLF vessels up to Duluth to sit at the east side of CN 6? That's where the Anderson spent her long-term layup.

Unread post by Guest »

At one point I thought the Roger Blough was going to get towed to the CN dock in Escanaba. Obviously, that hasn’t happened yet but it is interesting that CN would potentially allow another vessel to dock there while they pay for a dock in Sturgeon Bay for the Blough.

Obviously, we are speculating the American Spirit is headed to Escanaba for layup and I don’t actually know if that will happen.

Unread post by Guest »

Maybe the American Spirit will layup at Escanaba? The ore dock has been out of service for several years now.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Indeed as I saw that earlier yesterday and was going to post that one but you beat me to it! They are due in Escanaba at the CN Ore Dock per their AIS on May 28 at about noon or so give or take. Of course and as always subject to change as well. Also, could this then be an extended lay up then for the American Spirit as far as them going to Escanaba as I don't believe that the Ore Dock there is back in business as far as loading the ships are concerned unless I may have missed something then here?
Guest_SB

She is still at Bay Ship, but destination has been updated to Escanaba.
Guest_SB

Mn bob wrote:Did the American spirit receive a new paint job while in drydock?
Nope
Guest_SB

The American Spirit was floated out today and is currently sitting at the face looking mostly ballasted.

Departure should be soon enough!
Mn bob

Unread post by Mn bob »

Did the American spirit receive a new paint job while in drydock?
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

As far as them being in dry dock? Yes, I believe you are correct in that they are still there? As for the Collingwood destination? I wouldn’t know on that one as to my knowledge a 1,000 footer has never ever docked there before and don’t even know if one could ever get into that port with their enormous size? I suspect the Collingwood destination is probably some sort of an error then? They have been listed a few times though on a Cleveland schedule I get as far as unloading at the CBT whenever they fit out at some point?

American Spirit

Unread post by Guest »

I see she has a reported destination of Collingwood. I believe she is currently in dry dock in Sturgeon Bay. Any ideas on what the Collingwood reference is.

Thanks!