Mark w barker

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Darryl

Re: Mark w barker

Unread post by Darryl »

And another question - I see in Today's Boatnerd News they have a Crew of 21. I'm presuming a Galley of 2; maybe an engine room of 6; due to what has been said about the unloading system possibly 2 conveyor people; then on deck 4 officers, 5 ABs, and 2 OS's? TIA
Guest 999

Unread post by Guest 999 »

What's the boom swing in degrees on the MWB? I asked Interlake on their LinkedIn posting regarding the ship's entry into service, never received a reply. Social media is a scam! :-)
Guest_SB

Unread post by Guest_SB »

I heard it will be Muskegon.

Unread post by Guest »

I see the Barker is now at Port Inland, presumably taking on her first load. I noticed yesterday her AIS said “Outta Here” while at Sturgeon Bay. Do we know where she is headed with her first load?
Guest_SB

The Mark W. Barker departed Bay Ship this morning and headed for Green Bay.

She has run North this afternoon, roughly to the end of Door peninsula, and is now heading back South.

The ferry Mary Ann Market also went on trials today but returned a hour or two ago.

Unread post by Guest »

Tugs are called for Friday morning July 1 so sea trials are about to begin.

Unread post by Guest »

They're just just messing with you. The ais has been on and off for the last few weeks. It recently read sea trials, which likely won't start until July.

Unread post by Guest »

The AIS for the Mark W. Barker is now activated, showing a destination of Quebec City.
jim gallant

Unread post by jim gallant »

in todays history page it states the cartiercliffe hall was towed to thunder bay by the tug pennsylvania, i believe it was the penninsula owned by weatern engineering. on this date in 1979 i waas a crew member on the ottercliffe hall
Guest_SB

TheUnloadingBoomWasMovedAroundThisWeek.
Chris M

Unread post by Chris M »

May look mostly complete on the outside, there's still alot of work to be done inside

Mark w barker

Unread post by Guest »

I am wondering when the mark w barker will sail. Looks almost completed