What is going on with the salty Redhead?

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
cpfan

Re: What is going on with the salty Redhead?

Unread post by cpfan »

The Boatnerd salty page provides some info on Redhead's travels (or non-travels). A quick summary ... She docked at Johnstown on June 7. She hasn't visited Cleveland yet. She docked in Port Colborne on July 13. Before docking at Port Colborne, she spent quite a bit of time in three anchorages (Hamilton, Port Weller, and Port Colborne).
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

If my information is correct, they’ve been at Port Colborne now since mid-July give or take per Marine Traffic’s website! Not sure when they entered the Seaway possibly either in May or June maybe?
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Fairly sure and certain she was not towed from Cleveland to Port Colborne in that she sailed there on her own.
badger

Unread post by badger »

did she sail from cleveland to port colborne or was she towed there by tugs?

Unread post by guest »

drove by the dock where shes moored on sept 3rd. not working any cargo so im assuming engine problems

Unread post by guest »

I was curious also. She was anchored off Cleveland for the better part of a week before she went to Port Colbonre
Denny

What is going on with the salty Redhead?

Unread post by Denny »

Anyone know or have any information on the salty Redhead? They've been at Port Colborne since about mid-July or so unloading a cargo yet they have not yet departed from there since July! Also, on the Salty Report by Matt Miner he lists them as "eventually departing Port Colborne bound next for both Cleveland and Thunder Bay." I'm just surprised to see them taking so long to apparently unload in Port Colborne, Are there issues then with the type of cargo they are unloading or could it be mechanical issues or some sort and they are waiting on parts to be delivered to them? Just curious is all here.