Coaler 1 ex-Hallfax

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Dave B

Re: Coaler 1 ex-Hallfax

Unread post by Dave B »

My information from British Builders Clyde Site Has renamed Coaler ! 1981 and laker 1990 Broken Up Alang 1990

Re: Coaler 1 ex-Hallfax

Unread post by Guest »

Information is virtually nonexistent as to what the trade routes were for Hallfax after she left the lakes in Summer 1981 as Coaler 1, other than she operated in the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean area. Some sources indicate she was scapped in Hong Kong in 1989, while others indicate scrapping in 1990 in Spain.

Coaler 1 ex-Hallfax

Unread post by Guest »

Does anyone have any knowledge of what trade routes the former Halco self-unloader Hallfax sailed on after it left the lakes and was renamed Coaler 1? I ask because the other day my grandson was watching an old action movie from 1987 called Avenging Force that was filmed in New Orleans and during one of the sequences taking place at the harbor, there is a very quick shot of a Great Lakes type self-unloader with a forward pilothouse in the background that looks a lot like the Hallfax. So I'm assuming that this is actually the Coaler 1.