Hollyhock

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Andrew

Re: Hollyhock

Unread post by Andrew »

Sequoia has been at Curtis Bay for over a month. The work usually takes just under a year, especially considering that shes number 13 of 16 to get the midlife refit, so they should have it down to a science by now. I expect the Hollyhock to leave around the same time as Alder did- midsummer- and Sequoia to make the fall cleanup of buoys in 2023.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Ok Thanks as I wasn’t sure if it was them or not? Now for another question I have on this if you will. Since the Sequoia may not be here until 2024, does that mean the Hollyhock may not be leaving then until 2024? I thought the plan was for them to leave in 2023 unless then I may have missed something or mis-read it? Thanks for the information everyone.
Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

As BigRiver said, it will be the Sequoia. However, the Sequoia might not get to the lakes until 2024, depending on how things go at the shipyard in Curtis Bay.
BigRiver

Unread post by BigRiver »

Sequoia
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I think I’ve asked this question before however, it was quite a while ago and I don’t recall what the answer was and the responses? So, I’ll ask again “Has anyone heard yet as to what USCG Vessel will be replacing the Hollyhock in 2023?” If I am correct, I think that they are expected to depart Port Huron sometime in 2023 and will be replaced like the Alder was in Duluth by a different USCG Juniper class vessel. The Alder was replaced by the Spar this year in 2022 and the Spar I think arrived from Alaska? Again, I don’t recall just which one was mentioned as the possible replacement for the Hollyhock then? If you have any information to share and provide it would be appreciated and thanks as well. Hoping to see them in 2023 before they leave Port Huron for their new assignment as it will sure be different not seeing them once they depart. Again thanks for any info then.
hayhugh

Unread post by hayhugh »

HOLLYHOCK inbound Toledo at present time (1419 12/15/2022). Was working north of Blue Water Bridge this morning....
STish

Unread post by STish »

Remove the aid to navigation buoys for the season is what they usually stop in for this time of year.

Hollyhock

Unread post by Guest »

Anyone know why the Hollyhock is in Cleveland?