Algoma Hansa reflagged?

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Algoma Hansa reflagged?

Unread post by guest »

reflaged for her overseas trip to a foreign shipbreakers yard. she wont be carrying any cargo. 25 and done. no one wants a 25 year old tanker
Capt

Unread post by Capt »

All Major oil compagnies are part of OCIMF (Oil compagnies international maritime forum) OCIMF will not accept tankers older than 25 years old , the Hansa is 25 and the Algosea will be before the end of the year.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

The Algoma Hansa was sold “Off Lakes” and if I’m correct, at some point the Algosea also will be too? These two tankers both built in the late 1990s are being replaced by two that were built in 2007 which were once foreign flagged tankers. The Chantaco which visited in 2021 and in 2022 has been renamed Algotitan. They are at Halifax. Also, the Chiberta that visited in 2021 and trading in Europe will be renamed also and will eventually trade in Canada sometime later in 2023. This information and news was published both here on boatnerd news and on Algoma’s website under their news section. Hope this all helps.

Unread post by Guest »

She has been reflagged and renamed.
drforjc

Algoma Hansa reflagged?

Unread post by drforjc »

I followed Algoma Hansa's trip to Halifax. Now it is showing "Algo" moored in that slip with a Liberian flag? What did I miss?