James R. Barker

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: James R. Barker

Unread post by Denny »

They have arrived in Toledo for Layup this evening and moored at the Midwest Terminal Toledo International Dock. They are there laid up with the Burns Harbor along with the American Integrity as well. It appears there’s three 1,000 footers laid up at that dock. Quite an impressive sight I’m sure to see for anyone that can see and photograph it then! Would love to see somebody take and post some photos of it here on boatnerd. Thanks.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

The Miner was there in 2000 or 2001. I’d have to look at my own records. I was on her the year they were in Toledo though in the early 2000s.

Unread post by Guest »

I'm pretty sure she's laid up in Toledo before. Would have to look at records but it's highly likely the James R. Barker as well as the Paul R. Tregurtha have laid up in Toledo before. There are pictures of the Mesabi Miner in winter layup in Toledo from the '90s or 2000s so I wouldn't be surprised that they've laid up there before.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks for the replies everyone as I saw that earlier on their AIS after I had posted the question. While not 100% sure or certain, I think this could be a first for them as far as laying up in Toledo goes? I don't seem to recall them ever laying up in Toledo before? Anyone know for sure or can confirm if my information on this is correct or not?

Unread post by Guest »

Toledo.

Unread post by Guest »

They are currently unloading in Cleveland. My guess would be Toledo, but who knows.
Denny

James R. Barker

Unread post by Denny »

Anyone know where they will be at this Winter for Layup? Last year they were in Duluth at the Port Terminal. They are not on the lineup for Sturgeon Bay this Winter so they won’t be going there this Winter or to the Twin Ports. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.