Am. Mariner

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Am. Mariner

Unread post by Denny »

A slight correction on my previous post on the American Mariner. I’m not sure if she did run aground in Lake Huron or not in the early 2000s? However, I do recall I believe she either hit or come close to hitting Light 7 in Lake Huron? Whatever happened then to her, they had to bring in the Adam E. Cornelius to lighter them. It took several days to free her and it also closed down the river and caused a backup of ship traffic as well back then.
Denny

Re: Am. Mariner

Unread post by Denny »

Isn't the first time that the American Mariner "has banged itself up!" Remember the time back in the early 2000s when they ran aground I think it was in Lower Lake Huron coming downbound fully loaded with ore then. They had to get the then Adam E. Cornelius to come alongside of them and also to lighter them of their cargo.
Geest

Am. Mariner

Unread post by Geest »

Heard through the grapevine the Mariner bashed up a pretty big section of hull coming out of Algoma steel mill, hence the sub of the H. Lee White to the grain run to end the season and the immediate drydocking at Fraser.