Anderson pilot house antlers

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Anderson pilot house antlers

Unread post by Denny »

A correction on my previous post. I’d mentioned the Anderson and Clarke logos with the number 80 and a few stars on it. I meant to say the number was 70 with a few stars then on the logo. Sorry for any confusion on the number part. Both the Anderson and Clarke had 70th year Anniversary logos painted on both sides of their pilothouse during the 2022 year.
Denny

Re: Anderson pilot house antlers

Unread post by Denny »

Perhaps you may have been seeing the "70th Year Anniversary Logos?" Those logos were painted on each side of the pilothouse of the Anderson along with the Philip R. Clarke for the 2022 season to commemorate their 70th Anniversary Season. The logo itself has the number 80 along with a few stars on it as well.
Phk

Anderson pilot house antlers

Unread post by Phk »

My daughter happened to catch the Anderson locking through in January and sent me a picture. After looking at it a while I happened to see what look like antlers on the pilot house directly below her name board. Am I correct? If so it's a cool touch for the classic laker. Or maybe its voodoo to keep the layup fire demon away...blough, st clair, allen, alpena to name a few.