CML Season Start

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Jon Paul

Re: CML Season Start

Unread post by Jon Paul »

Guest wrote: March 28, 2023, 1:33 pm
Jon Paul wrote: March 28, 2023, 8:12 am
Guest wrote: March 27, 2023, 4:48 pm Jon Paul, do you know what the Wilfred Sykes loaded at Burns Harbor? Was it millscale?

Thanks,

- Brian
I'm not sure but I'm guessing fines. The Sykes spent a lot of time shuttling between IH and BH last season and I'm sure there was lots of broken pellets.
Coke for middle dock.
Thanks for the update! I see on AIS that's where they are unloading now.

Unread post by Guest »

Jon Paul wrote: March 28, 2023, 8:12 am
Guest wrote: March 27, 2023, 4:48 pm Jon Paul, do you know what the Wilfred Sykes loaded at Burns Harbor? Was it millscale?

Thanks,

- Brian
I'm not sure but I'm guessing fines. The Sykes spent a lot of time shuttling between IH and BH last season and I'm sure there was lots of broken pellets.
Coke for middle dock.
Jon Paul

Unread post by Jon Paul »

Thanks,

- Brian

Unread post by Guest »

Jon Paul, do you know what the Wilfred Sykes loaded at Burns Harbor? Was it millscale?

Thanks,

- Brian

Unread post by guest »

what cargo would they be carrying from burns harbor to cleveland? surely not iron ore, perhaps coke or coke breeze
Guest JonPaul

CML Season Start

Unread post by Guest JonPaul »

I watched the Wilfred Sykes pass eastbound under the Mackinac Bridge at 09:00 this morning on their way to Cleveland after loading in Burns Harbor. My assumption is that they will run up the Cuyahoga River to Cliffs.
The Joseph L Block is downbound from Duluth/CN for Cleveland Bulk Terminal.
The first trip for both the active CML boats are going to Lake Erie and though they have made these trips before I find it intriguing that they start the new season running routes that were once a rarity.
I think it's going to be an interesting season