Arthur B. Homer photo from bridge

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Arthur B. Homer photo from bridge

Unread post by Guest »

orangeshirt wrote: July 24, 2023, 12:57 pm I am confused. That is the Fitzgerald. You can read the name on the bow.
The image you are referring to in this thread was identified in the post as the Edmund Fitzgerald and was posted to the forum as it was taken from pretty much the same vantage point as the image of the Arthur B. Homer that appeared on the Today in Great Lakes History for July 19, 2023 that was originally misidentified as being taken from the Ambassador Bridge. The caption for the Homer has been changed to reflect the photograph having been actually taken from the Blue Water Bridge.

Link to the original page/image in question:
https://boatnerd.com/today-in-great-lak ... july-19-2/

https://boatnerd.com/wp-content/uploads ... -Homer.jpg
Attachments
Arthur-B.-Homer.jpg
orangeshirt

Re: Arthur B. Homer photo from bridge

Unread post by orangeshirt »

I am confused. That is the Fitzgerald. You can read the name on the bow.
FWE

Unread post by FWE »

Thank you, ( I read the image caption) boy has Pt. Hurons landscape sure changed , perhaps that HOMER is only a year or two young .

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote: July 19, 2023, 9:21 am The photo of the Arthur B. Homer looks to have been taken at the Blue Water Bridge, as the former Peerless Cement yard can be seen in the background.
Interestingly, I have a photograph of the Edmund Fitzgerald in about the same spot as it was about to go under the Blue Water Bridge.
Attachments
GTH9087.jpg

Re: Old Photos Detroit waterfront

Unread post by Guest »

FWE wrote: July 19, 2023, 7:08 am Are we 100% sure that todays image of the ARTHUR B. HOMER is indeed from the Ambassador Bridge?
Definitely not the Ambassador.

Unread post by Guest »

FWE wrote: July 19, 2023, 7:08 am Are we 100% sure that todays image of the ARTHUR B. HOMER is indeed from the Ambassador Bridge?
That Arthur B. Homer picture looks like it was taken from the Blue Water Bridge and not the Ambassador Bridge.

Unread post by Guest »

The photo of the Arthur B. Homer looks to have been taken at the Blue Water Bridge, as the former Peerless Cement yard can be seen in the background.
FWE

Unread post by FWE »

Are we 100% sure that todays image of the ARTHUR B. HOMER is indeed from the Ambassador Bridge?